Kyle McHugh is the Director of Brand Advocacy for the new craft spirits collective Samson & Surrey. Kyle started his career bartending in Washington, DC in 1998. Over the next decade, he worked nearly every position possible in bars and restaurants across the country, including Washington, Los Angeles, and Chicago. In 2007, Kyle formed his beverage consulting, education and events company “The Boozehound”, and from 2008 – 2010, he opened and operated drink boutique Drinks Over Dearborn. During this time, he also served as a professor of wine and beverage at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Chicago, an instructor for Master Mixologist Bridget Albert’s Academy of Spirits and Fine Service, as well as for the Advanced Mixology and Culinary Academy. Kyle was named a Diageo Master of Whisky in the fall of 2011, where he toured the country hosting interactive tasting events and seminars. In 2015, Kyle earned his General Certificate in Distillation from the Institute of Brewing and Distilling based in London, England.
- Today, We Celebrate Our Independence!
- National Bourbon Day!
- We’re Smelling Barbeque and Whisky!
- The Mint Julep and The Kentucky Derby
- A Week of Whisky? What were we thinking!!
- Whisky Paring — Top Food Choices
- Resorts and Lodges
- Top 7 foods to pair with Whiskey
- These Are the 12 Best Cities for Whiskey Lovers
- Whiskies of the World San Pedro Square Market 2016
- Whiskies of the World San Francisco 2016
- Glen Scotia